JJG tracks an index of futures on three grains: corn, soybeans, and wheat. The contracts can vary in maturity, from one to five months, at any given time. While the note tracks the same three grains as our segment benchmark, it weights them differently—the benchmark is production-weighted, while JJG is weighted by both production and liquidity.
At the time we recommended JJG, the stock was selling at just over $28.00 per share. We concluded that owning shares in JJG is an excellent way to own an interest in Food Production. Therefore, given its focus on Agriculture and Water, it provides some downside protection against substantial Market and/or Economic downturns going forward.
As we write, shares are trading above $48.00. That’s about a 70% profit. But we believe in taking profits when we have them. Therefore, we offer this recommendation.
Recommendation to Consider:
Sell Half of your remaining holdings of iPath Bloomberg Grains SubTR ETN (JJG) at $47.00 per share or better.
January 22, 2019
Note 1: Our attention to Key Timing Signals and Interventionals and accurate statistics has facilitated Recommendations which have performed well lately. Consider our profits taken in recent months in our Speculative and Fortress Assets Portfolios
- 115% Profit on the Volatility Index on January 3, 2019
- 70% Profit on a Bull Sector ETF/ETN on December 12, 2018
- 60% Profit on the Volatility Index on December 6, 2018
- 40% Profit on the Volatility Index on October 23, 2018
- 53% Profit on a Gold & Mineral Mining Company on October 11, 2018
- 53% Profit on a Gold & Mineral Mining Company on September 11, 2018
- 40% Profit on a Food Production & Water Rights Company on August 31, 2018
- 28% Profit on a Gold & Mineral Mining Company on July 27, 2018
- 55% Profit on a P.M. Streaming Company on May 11, 2018
- 60% Profit on a Premier Lithium Miner on March 23, 2018
- 35% Profit on a High Yield Bond Fund Short on February 6, 2018
- 50% Profit on a P.M. Streaming Company on February 1, 2018
- 115% Profit on a Premier Lithium Miner on January 4, 2018
Note 2: Paid Subscribers can see All Deepcaster’s 2018 Buy Recommendations & Bull Sectors posted under SUBSCRIBERS.